Allegiant Air has announced seven new nonstop routes, including three new routes to Florida and two to Palm Springs, California. Also, after a short hiatus, Allegiant will also extend its seasonal route connecting Nashville, Tennessee and Bozeman, Montana. The new seasonal routes to Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) in Southwest Florida include: Houston, Texas via William P. Hobby […]
Zeppelins are usually equated with the Hindenburg disaster, but today’s airships use modern materials and some aspire to be as luxurious as superyachts.
United Airlines has made this announcement: United Airlines is now cleaning pilot flight decks with Ultraviolet C (UVC) lighting technology on most aircraft at its hub airports to disinfect the flight deck interior and continue providing pilots with a sanitary work environment. The airline is using handheld, AUVCo blades from the American Ultraviolet company to […]
• Bruce Joseph Florida
CLEARWATER, Fla. – May 11, 2020 – PRLog — Bruce Joseph Today announced the official launch of his Website: “https://brucejoseph.com/” Providing Travel News and Tips. Bruce Joseph is driven, accomplished, knowledgeable, respected, passionate, strategic, and visionary airline executive and servant leader known for delivering unprecedented productivity gains, innovating industry leading processes, and building competent, motivated, effective, and cohesive teams in order to create transformational change. Agent for change who is a highly effective influencer, communicator, and trusted advisor within executive teams known for ability to cultivate productive relationships among internal and external leaders, stakeholders, labor groups and government authorities. Broad and deep worldwide industry network.
Highlights of Expertise
* Operational Excellence | Change Agent
* Commercial Optimization |Cost Controls
* Data Visualization | Operations Mgt.
* Strategy Development & Implementation
* Performance Evaluation & Optimization
* Data Automation | Predictive Analytics
* Visionary Leadership| Policy Revision
* FAA, DOT, OSHA, TSA, EIOSA Compliance
* Quality Audit Mgt. | Aircraft Acquisition
* Accident/Incident Investigation
Along with the new Website, Bruce Joseph has also announced the launch of his Social media presence on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/brucejoseph2019/), (https://www.facebook.com/Bruce.Joseph.Florida/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/Bruce_Joseph_FL), Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/company/bruce-joseph-travel-tips-news/ ), and Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/brucejosephflorida/)
“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
The British Columbia Aviation Council said Monday it is starting to see small ‘green shoots’ of regrowth in the province’s aviation sector, after the devastation wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It’s an extremely ugly bottom for our industry but at least we appear to be there,” the council said Monday in a note to members. “Some small grass shoots have just started to appear. The big question is how fast will they grow.”
BCAC member Pacific Coastal, the third-busiest airline at Vancouver International Airport when it suspended operations March 25, announced the same day it would restart limited service on June 1.
“We are pleased to confirm that we will be resuming scheduled service on June 1, 2020,” the carrier said on its website.
“Our intention is to help provide air service for essential service workers, move important goods and cargo, provide access for customers who need to travel for various medical appointments (unrelated to COVID-19) and continue to offer remote communities access to the essential service of air travel should they require it.”
Scottish airline Loganair (LM/LOG) has announced a number of route and service upgrades for 2020 including two new international routes from Scotland. Both new routes are from Edinburgh Airport (EDI/EGPH) and are a five-times-weekly service to Hanover, Germany and a three-times-weekly service to Esbjerg, Denmark. Other service upgrades include the use of a larger ATR72-600…
Ethiopian Airlines has made this announcement:
Ethiopian Airlines has introduced onboard WiFi internet connectivity on its Airbus A350 fleet using the latest broadband satellite technology (Ka- band).
With the state-of-the-art broadband satellite technology, passengers can rest assured that they will enjoy reliable connectivity for sending emails, shopping online or even chatting on social media while flying over the clouds.
Passengers can access the inflight connectivity service by purchasing vouchers at Ethiopian Airlines sales outlets including Addis Ababa International Airport customer service desk, boarding gate and cabin crews onboard the fights. Online sales through credit/debit card and ShebaMiles miles are also additional options for passengers to enjoy the service. The inflight WiFi can be accessed with smart phones, tablets and laptops.
The inflight WiFi internet is initially launched on the A350 fleet of Ethiopian with further plans to expand the service on other airplanes deployed on long haul flights.
WestJet’s newest air service, WestJet Link is celebrating carrying more than 195,000 guests in its first year of operation between Calgary and five cities in British Columbia and Alberta. Since its inception last June, WestJet Link has operated over 7,000 flights between WestJet’s home and largest hub in Calgary to Cranbrook, Lethbridge, Lloydminster, Medicine Hat […]
Check in at an airport or event from your mobile device like you would on social media and earn points and badges for bragging rights and prizes.
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) has released the Pilot Passport, a new feature through its app that lets users search for new places to fly, check in at airports and aviation events, earn points and badges for meeting certain criteria, and share adventures with others through social media and the AOPA Hangar.
“Now you can check in at an airport or event right from your mobile device like you would on social media and earn points and badges for bragging rights and prizes,” said Senior Vice President of Marketing, Jiri Marousek.
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Get the app. Download the AOPA App for Android or iOS if you don’t already have it, and if you do, update it to the latest version. Make sure your device’s location services is enabled as well.
- Check in. The airports nearest you will pop up at the top of the app’s home page. You can check in at airports that are within three miles. When you check in, you can add a photo, rate the airport, leave a comment, and even share a post on social media and in the AOPA Hangar.
- Search. Explore airports and exciting places to fly. You can search by city, state, airport name, or airport identifier. Or, you can filter results within a radius of your location, display only airports you haven’t flown to, or show results based on criteria such as events or the type of runway or airspace at an airport. You can view the results on a map and tap to pull up information about each, or select to see the results in a list.
- Think fun, think strategic. Here’s where it can really get fun. If you are just looking for places to fly for fun, filter the list based on what badges you want to earn and figure out a strategy for maximizing what you can earn on each outing.
- Earn points and badges. Earn badges for landing at different types of airports, including grass strips, seaplane bases, heliports, and paved runways; landing at airports in your state; and visiting airports and aviation events across the country. The more points you earn, the higher the levels you will unlock, moving from bronze to silver to gold. You can also track your progress in the My Pilot Passport section of the app.
- Celebrate AOPA’s 80th anniversary. The AOPA 80th is a special badge challenge that runs from April to December this year in honor of our anniversary. You could be dubbed the AOPA 80th Superstar!
The general aviation community came together to demonstrate a sustainable alternative jet fuel.